Odilon Redon and Emile Bernard

Category: Books,Arts & Photography,Collections, Catalogs & Exhibitions

Odilon Redon and Emile Bernard Details

In this book all the works from the original collection are shown and discussed together for the first time.

Reviews

I am #1 Emile Bernard Fanatic. I've been drooling for the English-language edition of this book for half a year. And then it arrives, and it's that cheap textbook style of binding. What $20 art books do to save a little money. Fifty-dollar art books, sorry, dust jacket is required. I was shocked to discover it was signature-sewn--at least you can open it up flat without breaking the spine.Catalogues are different animals from the exhibits they portray. It's called how they portray their exhibits, those differing animals.The title of this book is almost false advertising. Or at least advertises that this volume is kind of schizoid. I think it's great that the Bonger collection is visually reunited, at least in these pages. I think it's great that so much support material was collected to surround the Bernard/Rodin core of the show. But why am I seeing full pages wasted on Van Gogh, at the expense of Bernard?This is really a good, if concise, introduction to Bernard, spanning a number of his earlier styles, and a wild variety of his mediums. I was totally unaware of his tapestries. I have a personal database of over 800 images of his work; much in this volume I'd never seen.I would nudge my review to 4 stars, except I am so thoroughly disappointed that of the 64 works by Bernard, nearly 2/3 were relegated to 2" thumbnails at the back of the bus. Boo, hiss.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel